Benefits of Babywearing
Baby-wearing can be very delightful and helpful for the parent, but above all carrying your little one is beneficial for the baby. Lets look at...
Babywearing; it's a thing of the past, present and future.
I fancy wearing my baby. Actually it's a great thing to Not worry, what your toddler is doing or getting into.
My favourite part of the whole thing was being able to go out in public without everyone trying to touch my baby, you know...
there’s always that one person at the market who is 'dying' to see your baby.
Babywearing will change your life. All carriers will bring you and your baby together. But at the end of the day, especially if you’re going to carry your baby for most of it, finding a supportive carrier for you and your baby will really pay off.
While I can't tell you what baby carrier to choose, I can tell you where to find some well made wraps and slings you can design yourself.
A great place to compare pros and cons of each individual baby wraps and Baby carrier is here.
My Pros & Cons List
- Enables better communication between you and your baby- (without your baby having to cry) as you become attuned to your baby’s facial expressions and other gestures.
- Creates confident parents — there’s no better feeling than when your baby is calm and content because you have met all of his or her needs.
- Is convenient — nothing is more awkward than carrying a heavy plastic car seat with one arm!
- Allows you to safely move about with your baby regardless of terrain — you can stroll down uneven sidewalks, narrow lanes, walk up stairs,or climb mountains.
- Does wonders for your spirit— encourages you to get out and breath in the air and let the sun shine warmly on your face with your little one
- Encourages weight bearing exercise- lactating mothers will lose less bone mass by carrying with them the extra weight of their babes.
- Makes discreet nursing possible- without having to find a place to sit.
Helps you to interact with your other children- while holding your little one close at the same time.
Cons, if even there is such...
- There are also some uncertainties surrounding specific types of carrier that are believed to be detrimental to Baby’s hip and spine development
- Pressure put on the back and shoulders for the adult during long-term carrying, especially when babywearing older babies
- Of course, babywearing safety. Miss use of carriers can lead to death or injury.
- Being at your baby’s beck and call rather than practising ‘controlled crying’, a parenting technique popular with the older generation that involves allowing a baby to cry for set periods of time (assuming they are not in any obvious pain) to teach them to soothe themselves, has deemed babywearing a method which spoils our children.
(" I have to add, just because you're ''wearing'' your baby doesn’t mean you can't practice controlled crying; so they may eventually soothe themselves." )